cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nomad187
Regular Visitor

Alert Email Based on Two Conditions

Hello.

I currently have a list in SharePoint where I enter in an Employee's name in one column. A separate column titled "Status" is used for them to acknowledge whether they do/do not understand the training listed in a third column.

Ideal state: I make one reoccurring, daily flow that checks for any employee's name in the first column and sends that specific employee an email if the status is blank in the second column.

Worst case: I make one flow for each employee name.

I tried using the Get Items step, but the employee did not receive the email. I assume it is because did not formulate it correctly, thought they did receive the test email. I used Employee eq 'XXXXXX' and Status eq ' '

Can some show me what the best flow is in this situation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nomad187 ,

The method is the same.

Please try to use null instead of ''.

vxiaochenmsft_0-1636593985163.png

vxiaochenmsft_1-1636594008101.png

vxiaochenmsft_2-1636594030996.png

Best Regards,

Wearsky

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nomad187 ,

I assume that 'Employee' column and 'Status' column are Text column and I did a test on my side.

vxiaochenmsft_0-1636360576357.png

vxiaochenmsft_1-1636360607450.png

vxiaochenmsft_2-1636360678537.png

Best Regards,

Wearsky

Hi @v-xiaochen-msft,

The employee column is a name, though I can make it a single line of text. The status column is a choice. I have two options listed for the employee to choose from.

Damon

v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nomad187 ,

The method is the same.

Please try to use null instead of ''.

vxiaochenmsft_0-1636593985163.png

vxiaochenmsft_1-1636594008101.png

vxiaochenmsft_2-1636594030996.png

Best Regards,

Wearsky

nomad187
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-xiaochen-msft 

Good news... The flow has worked everyday as scheduled. The bad news is that it is sending the alert even when both conditions are not true.

Here is the verbiage I put in the filter: Employee eq 'XXXXX' and Status eq null. I also tried adding a default choice that said Choose One then changed null to 'Choose One'. The same issue occurs either way.

Here is the current flow. Just to recap, I would like the flow to send an email to a person if a name is in the Employee column and the Status is blank, or could be Choose One.

nomad187_0-1637089779647.png

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (2,950)