cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Speedster2020

Allow Flow to add to an existing list in Sharepoint online

Hello,

I am trying to build an onboarding form that the HR rep enters in information and that is emailed to a group. The emailed group will then use their form to add items such as IT needs, badges, t-shirt, and so on. Below is a summary of what I have right now.

Part 1, I have built a flow where a user fills in a Microsoft form and the contents are added to a SharePoint list, that works. That form then emails a group with the information from that SharePoint list. Part 2, the emailed group will then fill out a new form. What I want to do if possible is to take the information from Part 2 form and add it to a current list that part 1 created in SharePoint. What happens right now is that Part 1 form creates a new list and part 2 creates a new list instead of combining the two. Hopefully, this is clearer than mud.

Thank you for your help

2 REPLIES 2
rohsh354
Microsoft
Microsoft

@Speedster2020 :

Please note that you cannot perform two trigger actions ( mentioned in Part 1 and part 2) in same flow.

I understand that you insert a new list item in part 1 based on form 1 response. 
If you want the flow to be triggered again for form 2 (in part 2) response, then you can create a separate flow, and then use "get items" action to filter the items based on the data / field entered in form 1.

Hello,

Could you give me an example of how to build that type of flow? I am just beginning working with flow and any help would be great.

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (38,854)