Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scutiyog
Helper I
Helper I

Allow another user to approve

Hi all,

Wondering if this is possible.  I have a Start and wait for approval with Custom Responses - Wait for all responses (it's going to the people in a SharePoint group so I need them all to respond).

What I want to know if there is a way to have a... task owner per say that can approve for a user? 

In SPD2010 approvals there was a setting to assign a Task Process Owner who could approve the approval task in place of the assigned to - note sure if they had that in SPD2013 workflows as we kind of jumped over those and straight into Automate.

Does this functionality exist in anyway?

Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
mcin9781
Community Support
Community Support

Hello,

As far as I know, I am not aware of a feature that will allow a user to approve for other users that have been assigned an Approval task.  This may be a great idea to add to the Power Automate Ideas board though.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/idb-p/MPAIdeas

View solution in original post

Hardesh15
Super User
Super User

@scutiyog 

In Approval action, Approver can reassign his approval task if he wants to. Pls check  advance option and select yes in reassigned option.

Only owner of the approval task can approve or reassign approval task.

Thanks 

Hardesh

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mcin9781
Community Support
Community Support

Hello,

As far as I know, I am not aware of a feature that will allow a user to approve for other users that have been assigned an Approval task.  This may be a great idea to add to the Power Automate Ideas board though.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/idb-p/MPAIdeas

Hardesh15
Super User
Super User

@scutiyog 

In Approval action, Approver can reassign his approval task if he wants to. Pls check  advance option and select yes in reassigned option.

Only owner of the approval task can approve or reassign approval task.

Thanks 

Hardesh

gah, i thought that might be the case....was hoping for more like an admin who could push an approval or rejection in case someone is out of office or some such.

Thanks tho!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,593)