cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mojoriesen
Advocate II
Advocate II

Allow editing of "Requested by" in the Approval email sent through "Start an approval" action

When building a list item approval Flow, when an approval email is sent to the approvers the "Requested by" at the top of the email is hard coded to the person who built the Flow and not the person who created the item. I would like to either change this to the "Created by" user for the list item requiring approval, or allow it to be edited to such. 

Approvers do not need to know who created the Approval Flow, they need to know who requires an approval. This hard coding of the Flow creator doesn't make sense in this approval case. 

Creating suggestion per Kris' (response on this post.

6 REPLIES 6
MartinFront
Advocate I
Advocate I

We need this functionaloty since Flow is not a "personal" tool anymore...

When you build an approval for example, it´s an organization tool and is based on sharepoint-access for the most so please add dynamic requester to approval-flows!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having the approval request originate from the person who created the flow is confusing. 

BrianMunk

This does also have an negative impact on the flows I'm building in my organisation. Is it possible to make a vote for this issue to be handled?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree, it doesn't make any sense to have an approval request with the "requested by" field as the person who created the flow.

jmjfisher
Regular Visitor

100% this - it's the first thing people notice that the Requested By line is different from the rest of the information, just because someone else set up the Flow.

Gianluca
Advocate I
Advocate I

For the approvals flows I created, 95% of the emails I get, are because I'm listed as "requested by".

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,356)