cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mojoriesen
Advocate II
Advocate II

Allow editing of "Requested by" in the Approval email sent through "Start an approval" action

When building a list item approval Flow, when an approval email is sent to the approvers the "Requested by" at the top of the email is hard coded to the person who built the Flow and not the person who created the item. I would like to either change this to the "Created by" user for the list item requiring approval, or allow it to be edited to such. 

Approvers do not need to know who created the Approval Flow, they need to know who requires an approval. This hard coding of the Flow creator doesn't make sense in this approval case. 

Creating suggestion per Kris' (response on this post.

6 REPLIES 6
MartinFront
Advocate I
Advocate I

We need this functionaloty since Flow is not a "personal" tool anymore...

When you build an approval for example, it´s an organization tool and is based on sharepoint-access for the most so please add dynamic requester to approval-flows!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having the approval request originate from the person who created the flow is confusing. 

BrianMunk

This does also have an negative impact on the flows I'm building in my organisation. Is it possible to make a vote for this issue to be handled?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree, it doesn't make any sense to have an approval request with the "requested by" field as the person who created the flow.

jmjfisher
Regular Visitor

100% this - it's the first thing people notice that the Requested By line is different from the rest of the information, just because someone else set up the Flow.

Gianluca
Advocate II
Advocate II

For the approvals flows I created, 95% of the emails I get, are because I'm listed as "requested by".

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (6,122)