cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PN4567890
Helper II
Helper II

Alternatives to MS Forms on a flow?

I'm not sure this is the right place to ask but here goes. 

I have a flow that actions responses from Microsoft Forms. However, I need uses to be able to edit their Form responses. This is a limitation of Microsoft Forms as editing is not possible. I have considered using the SharePoint Surveys app but it does not work with Power Automate. 

Does anyone know of a Microsoft solution that provides the ability to fill out a form and edit a response, while being compatible with Power Automate? 

5 REPLIES 5
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

SharePoint surveys are just custom SharePoint lists.  So you should be able to use Power Automate with the backend list.  I know it won't work quite the same way as MS Forms does, but the data will be accessible.

But you could just use a custom SharePoint list and a Power App form to be the survey.  That way you can both fill out the form and edit it.  The limitation to that approach, or SharePoint surveys, is that it won't work well for anonymous or external users since there is a licensing constraint.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

@Pstork1 Thank  you for your solution. 

To ensure correct understanding, the solution is to create a Power App form and a custom SharePoint list so the users fill out the form then responses are addedinto the list then used on the flow? 

How will users be able to access their responses in order to edit and will those edits be automatically added into the SharePoint list? 

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Assuming you filter the responses by CreatedBy to show users only their own surveys, you can have users come back to the Power App, choose a survey that they submitted, and edit the responses.  When they save them the changes will go into the SharePoint list.

Is it possible for them to be able to see their responses only and to have the Power Automate flow triggered every time they submit changes? 

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

AS I said, you can filter the SharePoint list based on Created By and they will only see their own surveys in the Power App.  In Power Automate there is a trigger for When an item is created or modified.  So yes you can trigger it automatically when a change is made.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,328)