cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Jreamz
Level: Power Up

Ambiguous binding is present. Resolve by sending lookup_type property.

I am getting this error when attempting to "Create a new record" within Dynamics 365 on a "Forms" submission.

I have screenshots available below.

{
  "status": 400,
  "message": "Ambiguous binding is present. Resolve by sending lookup_type property.",
  "source": "dynamicscrmonline-ncus.azconn-ncus.p.azurewebsites.net",
  "debugInfo": "clientRequestId: 93f78905-f66b-4e5c-80a0-ff21a62542f5"
}

Let me know if you need further details, I am quite naive with flow.

flow1.PNGflow2.PNGflow3.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
abm
Level 10

Re: Ambiguous binding is present. Resolve by sending lookup_type property.

Hi,

Please follow the below steps how to get contactid. Similar techique you can use to get the customerid as well.

First declare a variable called contactid. Then use the list records using the filtery query to get the contact. Assign the contact id to variable. Finally map contactid to Create new record.

ed1.png

ed2.png

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
abm
Level 10

Hi @Jreamz 

Looks like Case entity primarycontactid and _customerid_value both are expecting a GUID which is a lookup value. You need to find the GUID by using List records by Filter Query. The map the id to Create a new record.

Please see similar post

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/getting-error-quot-Ambiguous-binding-is-present-R...

If you need any futher help please let me know.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Thanks

Jreamz

Thanks for your reply.

I'm not sure where to "list records by Filter query."  Is this an option as shown below?

flow5.PNG

abm
Level 10

Hi,

Please follow the below steps how to get contactid. Similar techique you can use to get the customerid as well.

First declare a variable called contactid. Then use the list records using the filtery query to get the contact. Assign the contact id to variable. Finally map contactid to Create new record.

ed1.png

ed2.png

Thanks

Jreamz

Hello,

Thanks again for your time and expertise.  I will make necessary adjustments and keep you posted!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 277 members 4,766 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: