cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

An action failed. No dependent actions succeeded.

Hi,

I'm trying to build an automated Email that uses multiple SharePoint Fields. As I try and populate the Email, it continuous to add "Apply to each" to my action as dynamic fields are added, resulting in the picture below.

Email Template.PNG

Then when I run a test, I get back the "An action failed. No dependent actions succeeded." error.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@nmoffatt 

When I have something where I run into "Apply to Each", but I'm only working with one record; for example CDS-->List Records-->Top Count = 1, I initialize a variable, then set the variable within the "Apply to Each". I repeat that for each field I use, and then at the end I use my variables rather than the dynamic values. It's a little more time consuming to set up, but when I'm troubleshooting I do not have to dive into the nested "Apply to Each" like you're doing.

Erik

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

hi @nmoffatt  normally apply to each is generated when you try to use a propertie that could be an array, so is not necessary to add all the properties inside as you have in the apply to each 2, ju stoy need to pass the content of values

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
Highlighted

@ChristianAbata 

Thank you for the response. I think I'm following you. I need to extract each line from the array as its own value, correct? How would I go about that?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@nmoffatt 

When I have something where I run into "Apply to Each", but I'm only working with one record; for example CDS-->List Records-->Top Count = 1, I initialize a variable, then set the variable within the "Apply to Each". I repeat that for each field I use, and then at the end I use my variables rather than the dynamic values. It's a little more time consuming to set up, but when I'm troubleshooting I do not have to dive into the nested "Apply to Each" like you're doing.

Erik

View solution in original post

Highlighted

@nmoffatt , What I suggest you is delete all of your apply to each actions, and add Get ITEMS instead Get ITEM just create an outlook action, so then if you need to read just the email column, click on To field from Outlookn and in Dynamic content just select the column name that correspond to an email. This is going to create you an apply to each that can allow you to read every value in your array one by one

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
Highlighted

@ChristianAbata 

I'm looking for specific fields in a row, not through the column. That's why I'm not using GET ITEMS

Highlighted

@Spamrancher 

Thank you for the reply. I'm running into a problem when I try "Initialize Variable" on columns that are "Person or Groups". It creates a " Apply to each" nest and won't allow me to save. Have you had experience with these column types?

Highlighted

@nmoffatt You have to use "Initialize Variable" action first and probably leave the default value blank. Then you can use the "Set Variable" action in your Apply to Each. One thing I didn't ask - are all of these fields data fields, or are any of them lookup fields? If so, then that will add some additional work. It sounds like your "Person or Groups" field might be a lookup field. And as I was searching for how to do that I found the link below, it might be helpful.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/get-properties-of-Person-or-Group-field-into-vari...

Highlighted

@Spamrancher 

I ended up using "Append to string variable" on the lookup field, worked like a charm. Thanks for steering me in the right direction!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,351)