cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

An unexpected exception encountered when evaluating branching condition.

I am trying to run a very simple flow. But I ge tthis error and I do not know why.

"The execution of template action 'Update_item' failed: an unexpected exception encountered when evaluating branching condition."

Capture.JPGCapture2.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Can you open up the Udpate item actions in your a screen shots for both edit mode and run mode?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Were you able to resolve this issue? If yes, what was the resolution.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Dear all,

I also have the same issue.

Can you advise?

I try to attach screen shot but unable to

@Pieter_Veenstra

Highlighted

Dear all, I have also ran into this issue. If a solution is out there it would be great to see in this thread.

Thanks

Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

I ran into the same problem this week and managed to resolve.

I have a flow where I have a response from an approval mail where the response can be a 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 when I hit the respective button.

Switch recognises the 5, which I configured for testing to send a mail, but it failed with the above branching error message when trying to perform the actions under the Switch "Response Equals 5".

The problem appears to be that the numeric value should in fact be a string. If you change the e.g. Equals 5 to Equals "5", then it works.

Hope this helps. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,783)