cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rhys_Q
Frequent Visitor

Annual leave / Vacation cancellation

Hey guys I have built an annual leave / vacation flow and how it works is when a new item is created in the list it goes for approval, once approved it then calculates the days taken and the days requested from the remaining balance, it then notifies the employee by email with the approval status and there remaining balance of days, it then adds it to a calendar for viewing, BUT the issue im having is what if an employee cancels there annual leave, and lets say deletes there item from the list how would I then re calculate the daystaken back to the balance and delete the days on the calendar I NEED HELP cant figure this out any help is much appreciated guys, please find my flow below

Rhys_Q_0-1624878682864.png

Rhys_Q_1-1624878726464.png

Rhys_Q_2-1624879459859.png

Rhys_Q_1-1624879379564.png

Rhys_Q_0-1624879337896.png

2 REPLIES 2
Expiscornovus
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Rhys_Q,

I would create a separate flow for this which is using the deleted item trigger. The only tricky bit is probably deleting that related AnnualLeaveCalendar item. Are you in anyway linking to the original request in that list?

Below is an example of that approach btw.

1. Add a When an item is deleted action. Configure it to use the same list as in your flow.

2. Add a couple of compose actions and use the same approach to calculate the NewBalance. But instead of sub use add for the NewBalance action:

add(outputs('Compose_CurrentBalance'),outputs('Compose_DaysRequested'))

cancellationflow.png

Hope this helps a bit?

Rhys_Q
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Expiscornovus  thanks for this i will try this now, if you have any luck with deleting the item off the calendar it would be great as it helps out a lot as i am still new to power automate and have only been using it for about 1 1/2 months

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,206)