cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any other wya I can trigger a flow when sharepoint list item is created/changed

I have a working workflow that checks if a certain sharepoint list has a new item or modified item. My issue is it detects it too late for my liking. 

Our intended use for this workflow is:

• We use Nintex form for the sharepoint list.
  • After creating, nintex workflows will run that they can only do (takes around 30 seconds more or less)
  • Microsoft flow will run supposedly to send an HTML email that nintex workflow cannot do on its own and for other reasons as well

Few months ago, when we launched this, flow would detect it really fast less than 5minutes, now it takes around 8 minutes to 10 minutes before it would detect something is new or changed in the list.

I plan to change it so the Microsoft flow runs as soon as the nintex workflows are done working. Is it possible to do so?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User II
Super User II

Is this a SharePoint Online List being used? If so, it should trigger the Flow nearly instantaneously. Have you performed tests of the Flow to see where the holdup within your Flow is occurring? 

If you could provide an expanded screenshot of your Flow and steps, and of any detailed error messages you're receiving we could likely better assist you. 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Super User II

Is this a SharePoint Online List being used? If so, it should trigger the Flow nearly instantaneously. Have you performed tests of the Flow to see where the holdup within your Flow is occurring? 

If you could provide an expanded screenshot of your Flow and steps, and of any detailed error messages you're receiving we could likely better assist you. 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

I deleted all the items in the sharepoint list, and it did indeed become faster. The hangup is the time the trigger gets "triggered". I initially thought it was due to the 5-minute check by Microsoft Flow API, so I am not really sure.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,457)