cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
matthewmammola
Level: Powered On

Any way of storing email body somewhere other than inside Flow?

I am looking for a way to make managing the content of a scheduled email easier for collaboration. 

I have built a Flow which is sending an email to users enrolled in a training course. The enrolled people are pulled from a SharePoint list, and the Flow sends a particular email to each person as specified by certain dates in each person's fields.

I am using "Send an email from a shared mailbox" action to send out the email. I have of course formatted the email body inside Flow as required for our purposes. 

I would like to pursue another method of having the email content somewhere, so that other members of my team who do not have the technical knowledge of Flow can make changes to the email content. 

A thought I had is this: if the email is saved as a draft in this shared mailbox, then I would like if Flow can use that draft to send to all the participants. I do not know if this is possible. I am seeking any better ways of doing this. 

Thank you for reading. 

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: Any way of storing email body somewhere other than inside Flow?

Hi @matthewmammola 

Would it be possible to save the editable parts of the email in the same or a diferent SharePoint List and then it can be pulled back down to the body of the email also?

If you have found my post helpful, please mark thumbs up.

If this post has solved your problem, please click "Accept as Solution".

Any other questions, just ask.

Thanks, Alan

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

matthewmammola
Level: Powered On

Re: Any way of storing email body somewhere other than inside Flow?

This does sound like maybe the best idea... so I guess it looks like having an entry in a list which has a "Body" field that has full text/image editing abilites, then pull from that "body" field for the email content

One thing I think I'd lose is the "personalization" im getting by having it in Flow, where I've got the email saying "Hello [First Name]". In Flow I use Dynamic Content for the first name field, and I guess I'd lose that if I pulled the content from a SharePoint list but we may be able to function without that

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 351 members 5,402 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: