cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RakeshTel
Frequent Visitor

Anyway to trigger flow by clicking button in sharepoint library

Hi,

We need to create a Single button in Modern Sharepoint Online Document Library that can trigger Power Automate FLow. Understand that it can be achieve using column json formatting to trigger the flow but that will be at item level. We want bulk operation on all the files in that document such as moving all the files to different library? any ideas how to implement this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I don't believe that is possible.  Power Automate isn't a security layer.  User's need access to everything that a flow does to the records in the data source when using SharePoint.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Here's an article that will let you put a button on a SharePoint page to trigger a flow. I don't think you'll be able to get it on the Library page itself, but should be able to put it on a custom page or the home page as a web part.

SharePoint Online: Trigger a Microsoft Flow with button click - TechNet Articles - United States (En...

Thanks, using SFX will be over killing the solution.

The requirement is just to hide/restrict one column value for end user to choose. 

ASK: only PowerAutomate should be able to set "Final Draft" & "Finalized" values, and user can only be able to set other 3 from drop down in SharePoint.

198873-image.png

I don't believe that is possible.  Power Automate isn't a security layer.  User's need access to everything that a flow does to the records in the data source when using SharePoint.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,258)