Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
KurtEichler
Level: Power Up

Append to Array Variable limited to 500 items

I have a SQL view with 1,101 rows.  I've setup a Flow to:

get all SQL rows (no issues)

get all items in a SharePoint list (no issues)

Initialize a variable of type array (no issues) then append my SharePoint get items list results to the array variable. 

Array2.PNG

Here you can see there are only 500 items instead of 1,101.

Array.PNG

When I was testing, I filtered out data so I only received less than 100 rows.  This worked as expected.  Now, when I run my Flow and more than 500 SharePoint items are returned, the Flow does a comparison to see if my row in SQL exists in my SharePoint list.  After the 500th item, new items are getting created as a duplicate.

I checked the settings of the Apply to each step and Append to array variable.  There is not a setting that can be changed to pull in more than 500 items.  I suspect it's the Append to array variable step as I have another Apply to each that I'm not using a variable on and that shows all 1,101 items waiting to get updated.

Does anybody have a workaround for this?  I can't find any MS documentation stating there's a 500 item limit when working with an array.

2 REPLIES 2
KurtEichler
Level: Power Up

Re: Append to Array Variable limited to 500 items

Update: Received a reply on the Facebook Flow page.  Here's my update on what fixed this.

Yesterday, I pulled my SharePoint get-items output and was certain I was getting all of my results. However, I pulled them again this morning and was only getting 500. I set my Top Count to 5000, re-ran my Flow and now pulling in all 1,101 list items. Not sure how Pagination differs in this case, but I also set that to 5000 to avoid any issues. Looking at the limits, https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/limits-and-config, It doesn't state anywhere in the documentation about a 500 item limit. Some articles I came across mentioned a 100 item limit while others ran in to a 5000 item limit. MS can and should improve upon their documentation.

Administrator
Administrator

Re: Append to Array Variable limited to 500 items

Hey, @KurtEichler!

Thank you for posting to the Flow Community Forum! It appears you have found a solution to your issue! If you feel as though your issue has been solved and you are satisfied with one of the previous replies, please click "Accept as Solution" on the reply that contains the solution so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Also, please visit the documentation page where you were not able to find the info that you needed and scroll to the bottom of the page to sign-in and give your feedback on the specified documentation!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community! 

-Gabriel
Microsoft Flow Community Manager

-Gabriel
Microsoft Power Automate Community Manager
Are YOU a member of your local Power Automate User Group?
Fill out This Form to claim your Community User Group Member Badge!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 137 members 4,952 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: