cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
S_Tran
Helper III
Helper III

Appending multiple approver names.

I have an approve document by multiple approvers flow that is currently working.  My intent was to have a column name "Approved By" and have all the names of the approvers listed in this "multiple line of text" column that I created.  The option on Sharepoint online "append changes to existing text" is not available.  I  know there's a way to use "append to string/array variable"  connector and also a way to concatenate the string.  Not sure which way is more efficient.   I'm unsure where to place them in my current flow.  Please see screenshot of my current flow.Flow Screenshot 052021.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@S_Tran 

If your issue is that "Append text" is not available in the multi-line text box, you need to turn on versioning.  Once versioning is turned on, you'll be able to turn on "append text" in the list settings.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

@ScottShearer 

Versioning is already turned on.  That was the first thing I checked. This is a screenshot of my Sharepoint online column settings.  

Column setting.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,779)