Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex_Mateiu
Helper I
Helper I

Applty to each dynamic content not available

Hello all,

I'm trying to connect a MS Form to Power BI dataset as presented in the below thread but I just can't figure out why I don't have a Dynamic Content option for Apply to each Control.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Community-Blog/From-Forms-to-PowerBI-and-the-glue...

See attached what I meanflow.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

HI @Alex_Mateiu ,

This is true, it seems there was a design change recently for the output of this trigger. Essentially the trigger is supposed to split entities so that a single entity will be processed in a distinct run. Therefore, the dynamic value is unable to be put into the Apply to each block, because a single entity is processed in a single run.

However, if you still want to use the previous output as an array, you can go to the trigger settings and Turn off ‘Split on’ option:

Then you can find this value in For each loop:

image.png

Hope this helps you have a better understanding of the reasoning behind this 🙂

Regards,

Ricardo

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
manuelstgomes
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Alex_Mateiu 

For that, you need an extra step to get the values from that reply. You need to do something like this:

2020-02-11 13_31_25-Window.png

Since each response triggers Flow, you don't need the For Each.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

Hello @manuelstgomes ,

I tried that, still no dynamic content. The Get reponse details does bring List of response dynamic content... 

Hi @Alex_Mateiu 

And I right to understand that your "Get response details" come back empty. But your Flow triggers when there's a new reply correct?

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

Hi @Alex_Mateiu ,

Sorry to interrupt your discussion. 🙂

So I just reproduced this in my environment and I was not able to find any Dynamic content either when using Apply to Each.

As a workaround, you can create a Template that uses Microsoft Forms, and copy the Dynamic content from there into your Flow:

image.png

image.png

Additionally, my suggestion here would be to open a Service Request with Microsoft, so we can further investigate this issue, and you can keep track of the situation.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Ricardo

Just to chip in here for clarification: when you have a trigger of When a new response is submitted you must also after that have a Get response details action. And in that you have List of Response notifications Response Id which is selected from the dynamic content box. You can then follow that with the rest of your flow actions.

getResponseDetails3.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks. 

Hello all,

You are both right... but I found something even easier...

it looks like you don't even need apply to each at all anymore in this scenario.

see below how my finalised flow looks like image 1.png

HI @Alex_Mateiu ,

This is true, it seems there was a design change recently for the output of this trigger. Essentially the trigger is supposed to split entities so that a single entity will be processed in a distinct run. Therefore, the dynamic value is unable to be put into the Apply to each block, because a single entity is processed in a single run.

However, if you still want to use the previous output as an array, you can go to the trigger settings and Turn off ‘Split on’ option:

Then you can find this value in For each loop:

image.png

Hope this helps you have a better understanding of the reasoning behind this 🙂

Regards,

Ricardo

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (38,543)