cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apply a Filter to Excel files in folder sharepoint daily

Hello All and thank you to anyone that can help.

What I am trying to accomplish is to add a filter to a row of data for a daily spreadsheet(excel file) that is added to Sharepoint folder each day. 

I was thinking I could use :"When a file is created in a folder" but can't seem to altar that file that is added.

Here's flow

File added

Row 17 of spreadsheet - Data - Filter

Save

Thats it. Just apply the filter to that row so users can click the drop down arrow to get to their data.

Ideas?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I am not quite sure about your requirements. If you want to add a filter query to find the row in Excel table, you could refer to the following screenshot:Annotation 2020-04-28 104944.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @Anonymous,

It's unfortunate that if the Excel file is a new file, there is no way could do it.

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous did you try this?

filter.PNG

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I am not quite sure about your requirements. If you want to add a filter query to find the row in Excel table, you could refer to the following screenshot:Annotation 2020-04-28 104944.png

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank You for the help, I understand that however the file is a new file and new file name EACH DAY - same location.  I want to somehow automatically apply the filter to each new file...

Hi @Anonymous,

It's unfortunate that if the Excel file is a new file, there is no way could do it.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (3,244)