cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MDE94
Helper I
Helper I

Apply to Each Issue - Parsing Email

I have followed many tutorials all without success, some have got me close to what I require but not all. To give an understanding I am trying to parse an email such as:

Name: Firstname1

Name: Firstname2

Name: Firstname3

Name: Firstname4

Then add each value into its corresponding column in excel, using 'add to excel table row' function. I'm using an 'Apply to All' function which lists each line in the email as an item, complete with a condition which states *Outputs* (email lines)-Contains-'First Name' 

IF YES - 

COMPOSE --- last(split(outputs('Compose_3'), 'First Name:'))

This works perfect for First Name, but if I follow the same set up for age and location whichever is last in the action takes over each entry for all 3 requirements. I was going to run a separate 'apply to each' however the values cannot be seen in dynamic content when trying to add content to new row within Excel. 

Please see attached, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SudeepGhatakNZ
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

You can refer them simply as outputs('Compose 4') and outputs('Compose 5')

If my suggestion helped you, please give it a Thumbs up and mark it as a Solution so that it can benefit others in the community.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SudeepGhatakNZ
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@MDE94 What is the condition you are using with Age and Location. Startswith will only work for Name in your case.

If my suggestion helped you, please give it a Thumbs up and mark it as a Solution so that it can benefit others in the community.

Thank you @SudeepGhatakNZ 

I have set another Apply to Each, this shows true reading correct - but I am unable to add the result into excel, as 'Compose 4' and 'Compose 5' do not show in dynamic content. see screenshots

the issue lies with me not being able to map the compose value within the 'apply to each' into the excel row, as the dynamic content does not exist 

SudeepGhatakNZ
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

You can refer them simply as outputs('Compose 4') and outputs('Compose 5')

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,419)