Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TimDemma
Helper II
Helper II

Apply to Each Limitation when Exporting OneNote pages

Hey hey hey fellow Automaters, 

Quick issue I am running into: I have built a flow to automatically backup some OneNote pages to a SharePoint site as a backup however, the sections of the notebook I am trying to export have about 40 pages in them and the flow is only extracting 20 of them. 

I have seen a few different sites with folks having a similar issue with the "Get Items" function, and they are able to adjust the limit on that, however I am not using that function soooooo.... it doesn't help too much. Other than the limitations on the number of pages it's extracting, the flow is working fine, but I am always open to constructive suggestions on a better way to do this 🙂 

Any feedback from ya'll would be much appreciated! Here is how I have the flow built currently:

TimDemma_0-1658510040755.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ok, I just finished running a test.  Evidently the Get pages in a section action is throttled at 20.  However, if you go in and enable Pagination in the action's settings and set it to a higher number you will end up with more.  I just set Pagination to 60 and got 48 pages out of a section, which is the right number.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

There are limits on the number of items that can be processed in an Apply to Each loop depending on your license.  But the limit for even the lowest level license is 5,000 items.  So the loop shouldn't be a problem.  I'll do some testing, but I think something else is happening.

TimDemma
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks @Pstork1 yeah it's definitely weird. I have also been trying to figure out why it chose to export the pages that it did (if there are properties or features on those specific pages), but can't see the rhyme or reason for it. 

Ok, I just finished running a test.  Evidently the Get pages in a section action is throttled at 20.  However, if you go in and enable Pagination in the action's settings and set it to a higher number you will end up with more.  I just set Pagination to 60 and got 48 pages out of a section, which is the right number.

Ahh! I wasn't checking the settings of that step. That worked perfectly! Thanks @Pstork1 

I was a bit surprised the limit without paging was set so low.  But that's what I saw in testing just as you did.  The limit is 20 pages without paging.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (4,363)