cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Apply to Each selected Option response

I am building a document review process that works off a SharePoint list. This list is enabled for revisions with columns enabled to append Changes, my columns are as follows:

SP_List.png

Column                             Type

Title:                                  Single line of text

Link to document:             Hyperlink

Review Description:          Multiple lines of text

Priority Level:                    Choice (4 options)

Start Date:                        Date and time (renamed created field)

Due Date:                         Date and time

Completed Date:              Date and time

Reviewers:                       Person or Group (select multiple enabled)

Review Status:                 Single line of text

Reviewer Outcome:         Multiple lines of text

The flow is triggered when a new sharepoint item is created, I then have an Apply to Each with the Reviewers column selected. This then sends an "asssignment email" to each of the people added to the Reviewers column. this is an email with options "Document Reviewed" and "Document NOT Reviewed" All is working to this point. 

Flow part 1.png

I then have a condition where the SelectedOption is equal to Document Reviewed. If YES then it the sharepoint item is updated, changing the Review Status column from Assigned to In Progress, and adding the SelectedOption to the Reviewer Outcome column. Then sends an email to the created by notifying them that user has completed the review and the current status. 

Once all reviewers have completed, the SharePoint item is then updated changing the Review status to Complete and an email sent to the Created by letting them know the document has been completed the process and provides a link to the document in sharepoint as well as a link to the list item in sharepoint. 

Flow part 2.png

The issues I am having is not all responses are being saved back to the Reviewer Outcome column. This is a Multi line of text with append changes enabled. so far in testing it has skipped a response with no error given and has also written the responses as the same user even though it was two users responding. any thoughts on this would be helpful. 

Review outcome.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Apply to Each selected Option response

For those that are interested, I have figured out a work around for this issue. 

It would seem that the "Update Item" portion of the flow was using my account as the connection therefor writing that response to the sharepoint list as me. to correct this I am having to have each of the users that is in the reviewers list add there connection creditials to the flow for their particular update item task. It then writes the Selected Option to the Reviwer Outcome in the list as that user. 

Its a pain but its working...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

For those that are interested, I have figured out a work around for this issue. 

It would seem that the "Update Item" portion of the flow was using my account as the connection therefor writing that response to the sharepoint list as me. to correct this I am having to have each of the users that is in the reviewers list add there connection creditials to the flow for their particular update item task. It then writes the Selected Option to the Reviwer Outcome in the list as that user. 

Its a pain but its working...

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Timmay313,

Could you please expand the "Document Reviewed - Update item" action within your flow and share a screenshot about it?

Do you add a Modify By DisplayName dynamic content within your "Document Reviewed - Update item" action?

I think your thought is correct, if you have solved you problem, please click "Accept as Solution" so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,789)