Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Doddy83
Helper III
Helper III

Apply to Each showing 2 items but only sending one email

Hello,

Little help needed please!

I've created a flow that checks a SharePoint list for review dates. I'm just testing it with 2 entries with todays date. The flow runs and under the initial 'Apply to Each' it does seem to pickup both from the list, but I'm only receiving an email for the first entry, not the second.

Flowissue.jpg

When I check the Outputs using the 'Click to Download' link, I do see both entry's in there, although they don't appear to be split at that point, just one straight after the other? Any idea what's up here and why its not processing both at the same time?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tom_riha
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @Doddy83 ,

the 'Apply to each' action runs in serial by default. It takes the 1st item and does the actions, then it takes the 2nd item and does all the actions,... In your flow the action 'Send email with options' is waiting for the response = the 'Apply to each' will wait until the response for the 1st item is received and only then it'll send the email for the 2nd item (and then wait for response).

To send all email at once you must switch in the 'Apply to each' settings 'Concurrency Control' to 'On'. That will switch the action into parallel mode and it'll process the items in parallel. There's a limitation though that allows you to run maximum 50 actions in parallel = max. 50 emails waiting for a response at a time.

image.png

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
tom_riha
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @Doddy83 ,

the 'Apply to each' action runs in serial by default. It takes the 1st item and does the actions, then it takes the 2nd item and does all the actions,... In your flow the action 'Send email with options' is waiting for the response = the 'Apply to each' will wait until the response for the 1st item is received and only then it'll send the email for the 2nd item (and then wait for response).

To send all email at once you must switch in the 'Apply to each' settings 'Concurrency Control' to 'On'. That will switch the action into parallel mode and it'll process the items in parallel. There's a limitation though that allows you to run maximum 50 actions in parallel = max. 50 emails waiting for a response at a time.

image.png

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]

View solution in original post

Thank you very much @tom_riha, that's sorted that issue

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (74,913)