cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
std7192
Helper I
Helper I

Apply to each greyed out flow for value of email

I am trying to create an automation to update the sharepoint list whenever an unsubscribe email is received in the inbox. However, the flow stops at "Apply to each 4". When I click on it, it's just a greyed-out box (see below). 
std7192_0-1669192972839.png

According to another website, it means the data returned from the previous field is empty. The value I'm retrieving is from the "Get Emails".
std7192_1-1669193060342.png

I'm pretty sure the returned value is not empty though, because I've also used the same value for extracting the sender's address. As seen below, the value is returned correctly. It should mean that the 'value' of "Get emails" is not empty.

std7192_2-1669193089533.pngstd7192_3-1669193188069.png

So I am confused on where the problem is, since the flow isn't returning any error message either. 

Any idea what's wrong? I'd appreciate any help, thanks 🙂 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ajinder31
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @std7192 , Get Emails action allows us to filter all the emails containing Subject "Course Notifications". This will allows us to Iterate only on required items instead of all and probably will fix the timeout issue as well.

Ajinder31_0-1669349740289.png

Please give it a try and let us know how it goes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Ajinder31
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @std7192 , I think orange icon represents that action is in progress. Can you please share screenshot once it is marked green? Also, I'm not sure why there are two Apply_to_each actions both for Get emails (v3). i.e. Apply_to_each 3 and Apply_to_each 4

Hi @Ajinder31, it actually stays orange for more than 10mins until the flow times out.

std7192_0-1669347649781.png

As for the Apply_to_each 3, it's for extracting the sender's email address, while Apply_to_each 4 is filtering the subject of the email and then updating the Sharepoint fields.

std7192_1-1669347846162.png

Ajinder31
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @std7192 , Get Emails action allows us to filter all the emails containing Subject "Course Notifications". This will allows us to Iterate only on required items instead of all and probably will fix the timeout issue as well.

Ajinder31_0-1669349740289.png

Please give it a try and let us know how it goes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

I tried this method to filter the email subject and it worked! Thank you 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,597)