cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deneshalasz
Frequent Visitor

Apply to each multiple conditions don't work

Hi Everyone,

I am having some problems with applying multiple filters for the apply each step. I have 2 SP lists: 1 for tracking orders to be processed, and one for keeping track of old orders. And I also have an Excel that we receive via email containing the new orders.

The goal is to post the new orders from the excel into the "orders to be processed" sp list, but I need to check if the orders have already been processed, basically if the order number is present in the "old orders" sp list we dont need to post it.

I also need to exclude blank rows from the Excel.

I created the 2 conditions and they work fine on their own. But if I add both, non of them work which is very strange, I am out of ideas, please help!

Filter for empty rows: 

length(item()?['Order Id'])   is equal to 0
Filter to exclude old orders:
I have an array variable, and check if it contains the Order Id

As I said, seperatly they work fine. Together, not at all. (I tried swapping the top-bottom)
conditions.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Re: Apply to each multiple conditions don't work

hi @deneshalasz  please change the condition position like the image, firts 0 and then your value.

conditions.PNG

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @deneshalasz,

According to your descriptions of requirements, I think you want to exclude blank rows and old Order ID, so it seems like a OR relationship between the two conditions, so you should change the "AND" to "OR":

Annotation 2020-04-07 150322.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

deneshalasz
Frequent Visitor

Hi @ChristianAbata 

Unfortunately this did not solve the problem

deneshalasz
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-litu-msft ,

This is not correct. It is clearly an "and" relationship. If you think about it, with and "OR" setting we say that they either have to be new or not blank. So if a row is not in the "old order list" but blank, that would test okay. - but just in case, I tested it, and the filter let through every row.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@deneshalasz  could you try adding length(item()?['Order Id'])  in a compose action to see what is your output? please share an screanshot

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,486)