cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mats_1997
Helper I
Helper I

Apply to each not completing

I have a SP list of some size, and I'd like to loop over it to find the unique values in it, in this case, Avdeling, and send it to myself as a comma separated string. The flow works just fine, it just doesn't complete, and instead kills itself and doesn't do what I ask it to do.

This is my flow

avdelinger1.PNGavdeling2.PNGavdelinger3.PNG

The message I get is that 'Action "Append_to_array_variable' failed", which is seemingly what happens after it has iterated over 100 items and can't iterate over the 101th item for some reason??

why is this? it also tells me that no dependant actions succeeded, which doesn't in itself make much sense to me.

In advance, thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@DeepakS 

Turns out the limit wasn't the issue, it was that when I tried to append the value, sometimes it was null, and PowerAutomate wasn't too happy about it, image of the issue bellow, added a condition avdeling != null and it got fixed

avdelinger4.PNG

the limitation wasn't an issue, but I also hadn't thought about it 😉

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DeepakS
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Mats_1997 

Couple of point to consider here:

1: Get Items action has default limit to 100 items so you will get only 100 items. you can change the limit by going to the Get Items settings and set pagination "on" and set "Threshold" limit to higher number (less than 5000)

2: you flow is failing in Apply To each action could you click on next failed and find the actual error and share?

Regards,

DS

@DeepakS 

Turns out the limit wasn't the issue, it was that when I tried to append the value, sometimes it was null, and PowerAutomate wasn't too happy about it, image of the issue bellow, added a condition avdeling != null and it got fixed

avdelinger4.PNG

the limitation wasn't an issue, but I also hadn't thought about it 😉

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (1,734)