Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approval Action

Hi,

Is there any way to interrogate an approval action to know which of the approvers has approved already, and whom it is waiting on? I've thought about a parallel loop to check the status of the Approval action, but not sure if there is data within it to see who has approved or not.

Thanks,

Jason.

2 REPLIES 2
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: Approval Action

You could use CDS to query the Approvals entity.  But that would be a lot of work.  I think it would be easier to just create a variable arrary and add each approver to it when their response comes back.  Then you could check the array at any time to see who has approved and who has not.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approval Action

Brilliant, thanks Pstork1!!

I've designed the Flow I'm working on to parse all of the email addresses together so I'd have to revert it back to do the approval in a 'For Each' loop to parse the array out and update the item details I think? I wanted to avoid as it then complicates collecting the overall 'outcome' for the multiple approvals I think?

I'm way down the line in developing the flow and want to get it delivered and move onto other work. This was a very minor question that came out in a review - a fair and interesting questio. Realistically, all the approvers work in the same team and can just nudge each other or restart the approval (removing the offending approver if they're on holiday etc).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,404)