Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DarkLord22 Helper III
Helper III

Approval Comments cant find dynamic content

Hello all and thank you for your time.

I have an issue.

I am tryint to save the comments from the approval to my sharepoint database at the stauts field .

But i cant find which is the correct dynamic content.

flow.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Piper Resolver II
Resolver II

Re: Approval Comments cant find dynamic content

I'm not sure if this is what you are asking for so please clarify if I'm not understanding your latest question.

If you attempt to add the The Approval's Responses Comments to the SharePoint Update flow will automatically create an Apply to Each action and move your SharePoint Update Item action inside of the loop. I added some screen shots to see how I did it.  If this isn't what you were asking for please elaborate.

ResponseComments.pngResponse Comments added to SharePoint Update Item

AutomaticallyCreatesApplytoEach.pngAutomatic creation of Apply to Each

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Piper Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @DarkLord22,

The approver's comments are in the Responses (there may be multiple approvals) so you need an Apply to Each on the Responses element. I declare a variable and then append to that variable in side of the loop.  In the screen shot below you will see I'm appending to the Approval Response Details variable.

ApprovalResponses.pngApply to Each ResponsesI hope that helps,

Piper

DarkLord22 Helper III
Helper III

Thank you,

So i will use a set approval response Details to save them to a variable and then i can save that to the sharepoint?

I will always have 1 response if that helps..

Thank you for the help

Piper Resolver II
Resolver II

@DarkLord22 

Glad to help!

Technically, since it will only execute one time, you can put the SharePoint update inside of the apply to each and skip the variable.  I tend to do anyway to future proof it a bit.

In the future, if you want to add multiple approvers you would need to use the variable as you would end up with multiple updates to the item and only preserve the last update unless the list has versioning turned on, the column is of type Multiple lines of text, and the Append changes to existing text column is set to Yes.

Thanks,

Piper

DarkLord22 Helper III
Helper III

Do you have any examples i am not sure how to put the information at the sharepoint....

thanks!

Piper Resolver II
Resolver II

I'm not sure if this is what you are asking for so please clarify if I'm not understanding your latest question.

If you attempt to add the The Approval's Responses Comments to the SharePoint Update flow will automatically create an Apply to Each action and move your SharePoint Update Item action inside of the loop. I added some screen shots to see how I did it.  If this isn't what you were asking for please elaborate.

ResponseComments.pngResponse Comments added to SharePoint Update Item

AutomaticallyCreatesApplytoEach.pngAutomatic creation of Apply to Each

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,493)