cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Approval Date update

We manually approve documents in a document library. I'm looking for a flow that when the the approval status column changes to approve, it will update the Approved date column to the date of approval (today date)

any ideas please?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Approval Date update

Yes you can but you have to select custom value at the bottom of the dropdown and type in the name of the library and confirm that you want to use it as a custom value. It will find the library with no problem.

As you are manually approving (which I'd overlooked in my original post) it's really just as simple & quick to manually change the date to today's date. But you could do it with a SharePoint "When an item is created or modified" action as shown in my examle below which updates my ApprovalDate1 column with today's date if the Approval1 column is equal to Approve.

updateSPDocLib.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

My example DID use a document library which I called MatrixLib (see the first image). Then in the flow's Update item action click on the List name dropdown, scroll to the bottom, click on Enter custom value then type in the name of the document library (second image). It will find your document library and put in the columns from it down the left so you can select/enter the data to update (third image):

0-Document-Library.png

1-Select-Custom-Value.png

2-Found-Library.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @AndreaBurgess, currently amending my post.... Back shortly

Rob
Los Gallardos

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Yes you can but you have to select custom value at the bottom of the dropdown and type in the name of the library and confirm that you want to use it as a custom value. It will find the library with no problem.

As you are manually approving (which I'd overlooked in my original post) it's really just as simple & quick to manually change the date to today's date. But you could do it with a SharePoint "When an item is created or modified" action as shown in my examle below which updates my ApprovalDate1 column with today's date if the Approval1 column is equal to Approve.

updateSPDocLib.png

Rob
Los Gallardos

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

@RobElliott  Perfect thank you so much!

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

@RobElliott  sorry, I'm struggling to use this flow in the library as its asking for list details. Do you have a flow for a document library rather than a list 🙂

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

My example DID use a document library which I called MatrixLib (see the first image). Then in the flow's Update item action click on the List name dropdown, scroll to the bottom, click on Enter custom value then type in the name of the document library (second image). It will find your document library and put in the columns from it down the left so you can select/enter the data to update (third image):

0-Document-Library.png

1-Select-Custom-Value.png

2-Found-Library.png

Rob
Los Gallardos

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

thank you @RobElliott  sorry I'm a newbie 🙂

Super User III
Super User III

😼 @AndreaBurgess  we all were at some time or other!

Rob
Los Gallardos

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,799)