cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
deepwelladmin
Level: Powered On

Approval Email Archived to SharePoint List

So I worked this week to build out this flow. Essentially, one of our engineers publishes an excel spreadsheet to our customer folders, an email is sent to management notifying them that they have a document ready for review, they review and either approve or deny - the engineer is notified via email.

I have two pieces left to figure out, any help would be great.

The first piece is during my tests, approval email and confirmation email are sent when I test using my own accounts. However, when another user becomes the approver, no confirmation email is sent out. If anyone knows how to correct that, I'd be grateful.

Second piece is sending the confirmation email to an archive list. We would like to have the confirmations archived in the event we are audited. Again, any help here would be great.

Here is a screenshot of it Flow1 and Flow2 .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Approval Email Archived to SharePoint List

We'd need more context for the second user to know why the emails aren't being sent. Are they part of the same Office 365 Tenant, or are they a guest user? What happens if you use the Notifications Send an email action instead?

The second step is easy, you would just create a SharePoint List to track the confirmation emails, and add a Create item step after the Send email step within the Flow.

If you want to wait until they actually approve the submission, then you'd simply Add a condition to a flow that would compare the approval status to Approved. If it is, then create the list item. 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

We'd need more context for the second user to know why the emails aren't being sent. Are they part of the same Office 365 Tenant, or are they a guest user? What happens if you use the Notifications Send an email action instead?

The second step is easy, you would just create a SharePoint List to track the confirmation emails, and add a Create item step after the Send email step within the Flow.

If you want to wait until they actually approve the submission, then you'd simply Add a condition to a flow that would compare the approval status to Approved. If it is, then create the list item. 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @deepwelladmin ,

About first piece, as @Brad_Groux  suggest, please check whether the Approver is within your organization or not.

I have made the following flow for your reference. In my scenario, the approver is within the same organization.

1.PNG

About second piece, if you want to send the confirmation email to an archive list, you may need a Flow 2 with trigger “When an email arrives”, then save the emails into an archive list.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
deepwelladmin

Thank you, I added a condition to the flow and tweaked the response trigger and it worked! I approciate the help. 

deepwelladmin

@Brad_Groux - Follow on question for you. The flow works great as long as I am the one submitting or approving - once I turn it over to general use the approval emails go away.

For example: An engineer (within the organization) submits his SQP file to the customer folder. The flow to send out approval does not go to the approval manager email (also in org). 

I'm doing something wrong here, any pointers?

Super User
Super User

If you could provide an expanded screenshot of your Flow and steps, and of any detailed error messages you're receiving we could likely better assist you.

Make sure that the users are listed as approvers in your organization. See the Configuring privileged access management in Office 365 docuentation for more information. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,127)