cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JonathanWeaver
Level: Power Up

Approval Flow Completes successfully then send mail stating "Start an Approval action failed. Please check the values assigned for the action."

I have created a Flow that starts when a SharePoint Item is added. It then gets item from another list to determine Approvers. Then it does the first Approval. If it is approved, it looks to the other SP list to get the 2nd Approver and does that approval. After each approver, I write the Approval Comments to the Approval History column (Append Entries) in the newly added SP List item.

This is all working correctly. The approvals work, and the emails (and Test Flow Runs) confirm that it completed successfully. Then I receive an email stating "Start an Approval action failed. Please check the values assigned for the action." How do I fix this to not send the incorrect error message after it is finished.

FlowApprovalEmailIssue.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
JonathanWeaver

Re: Approval Flow Completes successfully then send mail stating "Start an Approval action failed. Please check the values assigned for the action."

Solved! I'm an idiot and didn't configure the Configure Run After settings for the Get my profile v2, so it was going down both paths simultaneously. (See pics)FlowApprovalEmailIssueFixed2.pngFlowApprovalEmailIssueFixed.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
JonathanWeaver

Re: Approval Flow Completes successfully then send mail stating "Start an Approval action failed. Please check the values assigned for the action."

Solved! I'm an idiot and didn't configure the Configure Run After settings for the Get my profile v2, so it was going down both paths simultaneously. (See pics)FlowApprovalEmailIssueFixed2.pngFlowApprovalEmailIssueFixed.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,845)