cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NateITAdmin
Regular Visitor

Approval Flow - Multiple levels not progressing past the 2nd tier

Hello  all,

I have a flow set up that is supposed to start a 3 leveled approval process on a Forms submission. 

When the form is submitted it first goes to the users manager for approval. If approved then it moves onto our IT director for approval. If that is approved then it should move onto our CFO for final approval but this step is not happening. I am unable to get the 3rd start and wait for an approval to kick off. 

The first "Start and wait for an approval" uses the "response" Dynamic field in the Condition. The 2nd and 3rd "start and wait for an approval" use the "outcome" dynamic field in the condition as "response" is not an option after the first "start and wait for an approval" . I feel like my 2nd and 3rd condition might be the problem but i can not figure out what to set the condition to. 

This is what it is currently set up as.Annotation 2019-12-02 162200.png

I feel like the "is equal to" is not right but i can not figure out what it would be. 

The 3rd level never kicks off and the email is never sent.

Any help with this would be appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @v-bacao-msft 

Thank you again for following up. I have discovered what I was doing wrong and it is a genuine face-palm moment.

The option to enable notifications was not turned on in the 3rd "Start and wait for an approval" process. The processes were running fine but they were not being notified. 

Thanks again for you help, it made me dig deeper into my flow.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NateITAdmin ,

What is the approval type selected by these three approval actions?

Basically we are now using the outcome to judge the result of the approval, please check this similar thread and see if it helps:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Response-Dynamic-Content-for-Approvals-does-not-a...

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-bacao-msft ,

Thanks for the response. I have each approval set to "Approve/Reject - Everyone must approve" and each one if only going to one person. 

This is the part of my flow that is not working. The "If Yes" "If No" section does not seem to be working as intended.

Capture.PNG

Hi @NateITAdmin ,

Could you show us the specific configuration in the If yes and If no branches?

What is your expected effect? What is the result of the current Flow execution?

Please provide more details about it.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-bacao-msft 

Thank you again for following up. I have discovered what I was doing wrong and it is a genuine face-palm moment.

The option to enable notifications was not turned on in the 3rd "Start and wait for an approval" process. The processes were running fine but they were not being notified. 

Thanks again for you help, it made me dig deeper into my flow.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,713)