cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approval Flow Not Sending Email After Feb 2021 Update

Hello Community, 

I have a flow with an APPROVAL function that used to send the approval via Email; however, after the Feb 2021 update it stopped sending emails, it only sends me a notification via Teams now. I tried reading prior post, it seems like this has been a common issue, trying to see if anyone else is experiencing the same issue and if there's a solution to this. I need to get the my approval flow to continue sending emails. 

@mijonnat , @Pstork1 

Thank you, 

Nestor

3 REPLIES 3
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

I just tested again and emails are working fine for me with approvals.  The approval action did change a bit so make sure you check and have notification turned on in the approval (that's actually whether it sends an email or not, not notification) and also check to see if your Office 365 Exchange admins have changed anything.  Email rules are the most common reason why these emails don't work.  If its neither of those I suggest opening a support ticket.  Because its problem not due to a setting or anything you can fix on your own.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have Notification in approval reading "Yes"; it was working fine. 

Unfortunately, my company's IT does not support Power Automate at the moment, they have little clue on what I'm trying to get help with. I asked them about the possibility of email setting changing, they didn't know much. I'm going to have to keep digging until I find a solution. 

If notification is set to yes and you are using an Office 365 email then something is either wrong in the email system or it something in the backend in Office 365.  I suspect the only way to fix this is a support call.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,794)