cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anshu1
Level: Powered On

Approval Flow - Sending Out Emails for Due Dates and Reminder

Hi there,

I am very new to MS Flow and require some help and guidance.

I am trying to create a approval flow once  a file is saved in Sharepoint.

Specifically, I would like to have an approval flow email (to multiple approvers) with a due date incorporated.(5 days after approval Flow starts)

In addition to that , would  like to also have a reminder email sent to the approvers that have not action the request.In the reminder email, it should contain the Approval/Reject button rather then the link to the file.

Attached is the flow that I created.

Appreciate your input and help making this flow work.

Approval Flow.PNG

Thank You

Anshu

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Approval Flow - Sending Out Emails for Due Dates and Reminder

Hi @anshu1,

You could use bool variable to indicate the approval status, and set the variable to true if the approval has been completed.

Use Do until action to judge until the approval is completed, and send an email reminder every five days.

Reference link:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Flow/Automating-Reminders-for-Approval-Flows/td-p/8...

40.PNG

As for the "reminder email contained the Approval/Reject button" you mentioned, you could use Send email with option, although this could be approved directly in the email, but this will cause a problem.

Initially Start Approval action has sent an approval email so the approval request will be repeated.

Therefore, I recommend that you just use the email to remind Approver to go through the original approval email to complete the approval.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
anshu1

Hi Barry,

Thanks for the advice .

I have trialed it and it is working as described.

Understand as you mentioned that there may be some issues occuring if the Approval within the reminder email is done, however we are keen to explore  more on how to do that.

Could you please help show us how that flow will look like if we wanting to have Approval with in the reminder email.

thanks

Anshu Lata

Highlighted
anshu1

Hello there,

I tested the flow which is working fine, however the other step that I  tested was that the  reminder email only gets sent  to the Approvers who have not yet actioned.

This test has failed and sends out the reminder email to everyone even if they have actioned it.

Are you please able to help on getting this work: where reminder email only gets sent out to Approvers who have not yet actioned.

thanks

Anshu Lata

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 337 members 5,592 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: