cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsalbeck
Frequent Visitor

Approval Flow - Variable Number of Approvers for Approve Condition

Hello,

I have an approval flow where there can be anywhere from 1 to 4 approvers. I am having trouble meeting the Approval condition so the next part of my flow triggers.  Setting "Outcome is equal to Approve" and "All of the Responses to Approve" does not work.

I know typically you need to put "Approve" more than once if there is more than one approver. For example, if there were two, in the condition I would have to put "Outcome is equal to Approve, Approve". I can't do this though since the number of approvers is always different. 

Any suggestions or help is much appreciated!

Variable Approver Flow 1.PNGVariable Approver Flow 2.PNG

The result:

Variable Approver Flow 3.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Outcome will be a comma delimited list of the responses of all the approvers.  So it will look something like this "Approve" or "Approve, Approve, Approve" or "Approve, Reject" depending on the responses and the number of approvers.  Since you don't know how many approvers you can't really predict exactly what Outcome will look like.  But you can use the condition Outcome contains Reject.  If the word reject is in Outcome than someone rejected the approval.  If not then everyone approved, no matter how many there were.  Just switch your condition to that and swap the yes and no sides and you should have what you want.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Outcome will be a comma delimited list of the responses of all the approvers.  So it will look something like this "Approve" or "Approve, Approve, Approve" or "Approve, Reject" depending on the responses and the number of approvers.  Since you don't know how many approvers you can't really predict exactly what Outcome will look like.  But you can use the condition Outcome contains Reject.  If the word reject is in Outcome than someone rejected the approval.  If not then everyone approved, no matter how many there were.  Just switch your condition to that and swap the yes and no sides and you should have what you want.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,605)