cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shelvia
Helper I
Helper I

Approval Flow error with conditions

My flow keeps getting a bad gateway error but I don't know what the issue is. The flow runs great until is get to the approval section with a outcome condition, whether to approve or reject the document upload. It fails whether its approved or rejected.

Any suggestions?

shelvia_7-1663098273946.png

shelvia_5-1663098157860.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tom_riha
Super User
Super User

Hello @shelvia ,

is the document in "Pending" status when you try to set the Approved/Rejected status? The ootb approval must always follow the steps Draft -> Pending -> Approved/Rejected. If you do any update to the document in the approval process it'll be set back to Draft, therefore, before the Approved/Rejected you must set it back to Pending first.

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
tom_riha
Super User
Super User

Hello @shelvia ,

is the document in "Pending" status when you try to set the Approved/Rejected status? The ootb approval must always follow the steps Draft -> Pending -> Approved/Rejected. If you do any update to the document in the approval process it'll be set back to Draft, therefore, before the Approved/Rejected you must set it back to Pending first.

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]

Thank you for replying tom.

If this is the case, then is there a way to add a step that would change it from draft to pending? Im trying to make it very simple for the user to upload even if they done have much understanding much of what is happening behind the scenes.

I added a step of setting the approval status to submit and it worked! Thank you so much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,952)