cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
gkhalil
Level: Power Up

Approval Flow

I have built an approval flow but for some reason I am not able to reply and add comments directly from the approval email. When I click on the Approve / Reject button, it redirects me to a URL where I have to click on Approve / Reject again and then add comments if I wish before submitting. 

I would like the respondent to be able answer directly in the email without being redirected. 

The second issue I have is with 'send an email with an option'. This email lets the respondent reply within the email but the content is duplicated. Screen shot below:

13-11-2018 9-39-10 AM.png

2 REPLIES 2
Dorul
Level 8

Re: Approval Flow

Hi @gkhalil

That duplicate thing isnt happening to me too, but i might help with your first part. If you use Approvals and check them from a browser instead of local outlook client, you wont be redirected and if you click on the arrow on the approve/reject buttons, you can add comments before submitting. 

Printscreen from my email:

Capture.JPG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Approval Flow

Hi @gkhalil

All emails sent by Flow Approvals contain two parts. Part1 is a specialized actionable message and Part2 is a standard email message.

Only some email clients support the actionable section. However, when displaying the actionable message, the client also offers the “Show original message” link which allows the user to view the standard email message.

I am afraid that you are likely using an email client that doesn’t support actionable email messages. Because it utilizes the specific Microsoft actionable messages platform, not all email clients will support it. Please check the following doc for a reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/actionable-messages/

Please try to use Outlook Web, it always has both parts in the email.

About your second issue, when using the action Send an email with an option, no duplicate content in my side. Could you please try again with it?

If you are still having the issue, please feel free post back with more details. How is the flow configured?

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 312 members 3,457 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: