cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SJACooler

Approval Flow

Hi, 

I am new to Flow/Power Automate and I am getting stuck on an approval flow but I have a feeling the solution is relatively simple.

I have created a list in SharePoint that I attach a document to. Then I want to send this for approval (All must approve). I capture all of the responses in a column in my list. When all responses have been submitted my approval column looks like "Approve, Approve, Approve, Approve". At this point I want my flow to send an email to someone stating "Approval Complete" and then start another "Final Approval".

I have the flow working great when it is a single Approve in the column (I have been testing it by only sending it to myself so the condition that I used was "When column X = Approve" if Yes send "Successful" email if No send "Failure" email. When I then add the full condition "Approve, Approve, Approve, Approve" I keep getting "Failure" emails until all 4 approvers have responded at which point I get a "Successful" email. 

Does anyone know a way that I can get the send email part of the flow to only run when ALL 4 responses have been given?

Hope that makes sense.

Many thanks

Sheldon

9 REPLIES 9
efialttes
Super User
Super User

Hi!

Can you share a screenshot from your flow design?

Also, confirm the column type on your sharepoint list you store the partial approvals... is it single line of text?

The more context info you can provide us, the fastest we all can suggest a solution

Thanx!

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

How do I add screenshots?

#Iamamateur

Hi again

if you need to share a screenshot from Power User editor, make sure you are writing from a desktop browser client (I believe mobile browsers does not display this menu) and do the following:

Flow_UploadImage.png

Hope this helps

Proud to be a Flownaut!

SJACooler

Snip1.pngSnip2.pngSnip3.pngSnip4.pngSnip5.pngSnip6.png

I think its the condition section that is causing me the issue. For reference I changed the Approval type to "Custom-wait for all responses". This seems to work better but now I am getting a rejection email from all of the respondents when one of them rejects the document

Hi!

I would suggest to change your condition approach.

So instead of checking if equals to 'Approve', I would check that does not contain 'Reject'.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Everyone-must-Approve-how-do-I-return-either-Appr...

But please also note on your current flow design 'Send an email' is in both Condition branches inside an Apply to each, meaning if you have 4 approvers, you most likely will receive 4 emails... so my suggestion is also to move Condition after, outside the Apply to Each. Does it make sense to you?

Hope this helps

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hi @SJACooler ,

Please check this similar thread to configure the condition to determine the approval result:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Response-Dynamic-Content-for-Approvals-does-not-a...

Besides, you need to configure Condition outside Apply to each to check the final outcome the approval request.

And it seems that you don't need to add Apply to each, please avoid using Dynamic content prefixed with Responses if unnecessary.

Image reference:

33.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Sorry its taken me the weekend to come back to you on this.

I am trying to make the condition outside of the apply to each but in the email that is sent I need to capture the comments that have been made by the user rejecting the document. Each time I apply this dynamic content the system automatically places it inside an apply to each...

Any ideas please?

Thanks 

Hi @SJACooler ,

You could use variable to record comments and send by email.

43.PNG44.PNG

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,086)