cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark22

Approval ID not working

For an approval I'm trying to use separate actions 'create an approval' and 'wait for an approval'. In the end to get around the 30 day limit.

When I'm using a 'start and wait for an approval' everything is working fine. When I use the above mentioned separate actions and pass on Approval ID, it is not working. Not even when the actions are in the same flow directly after one another. I get the error message 'BadRequest. The request failed. Error code: 'ApprovalSubscriptionNotAllowed'. Error Message: 'Cannot wait on this approval in its current state.''. As if the approval is suddenly not active anymore. But how can that be?

Are there any settings I might have to change?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@Mark22 

Here is the documentation for this error message

The documentation indicates that the approval has already completed.  Can you verify that you selected the approval action immediately preceding the Wait for an approval in the Wait for an approval action generating the error?  It is possible that you selected an approval action from earlier in your Flow.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@Mark22 

Please post a screen shot of a Flow that has the issue that you describe along with a run showing the error.

Scott

The 'wait for an approval' goes wrong, either directly behind a 'create an approval', with a delay between them or when it's in a second flow.

Could it be that the Approval ID is stored somewhere where we (with the most basic license) cannot access it anymore?

create and wait > errorcreate and wait > errorjust create > ok, but will go wrong in second flow (wait)just create > ok, but will go wrong in second flow (wait)one start and wait > okone start and wait > ok

ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@Mark22 

Here is the documentation for this error message

The documentation indicates that the approval has already completed.  Can you verify that you selected the approval action immediately preceding the Wait for an approval in the Wait for an approval action generating the error?  It is possible that you selected an approval action from earlier in your Flow.

Scott

Scott, you're on the right track. I had of course seen the documentation of the error message. There is a 'start and wait' before this one, but I assumed that's all finished when the 'create' starts. But obviously not. A delay of 5 minutes in between solves it. Otherwise, it seems like that earlier approval id is used. Even though it's an different approval.

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,524)