cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DirectorWill
Regular Visitor

Approval Links Not Working

I am starting an approval process from Microsoft Forms. Below you will find the screenshots of the setup I have and the e-mail I receive. I realized the reason the Item Link isn't working or simply attaching the dynamic content in the body doesn't work cause it has all this extra information thats being added before and after the link. What can I do to work around this or to where only the link to the uploaded item from the form is linekd to from the e-mail?

Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 10.07.32 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-03-04 at 10.07.38 AM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DirectorWill
Regular Visitor

To close off this post I did not receive a solution and am still looking for one. Thank you for y'alls help regardless! 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@DirectorWill 

I am having trouble replicating your issue.  Can you post a screen shot of a form with data prior to being submitted that produces this issue?

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Thank you for checking out, check out the image below with data filled out on the form before submission. 

Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 11.09.14 AM.png

@DirectorWill 

The issue is with the image - you'll need to reference the actual file and provide a URL. for the file.  The files are stored in OneDrive in the Apps/Microsoft Forms folder.  There is a subfolder for each Form that allows for file uploads.

The URL is embedded in the data for the file upload question.  You'll need to parse out the URL - not to difficult if you use a series of split() actions. 

Note that the approver will need access to the file.  To avoid this, you might consider attaching the file.

Let me know if you need more help.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

What "Split actions" would help me phase out the url?

Also I did try the attachment option however, when the user clicks on the item in the e-mail the link does not go anywhere and does not open anything. 

fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hi @DirectorWill 

Before starting the approval you could add an action called "Parse JSON" and use it with the "upload your..." form's field. That action will be able to parse that field and return you the URL value you need.

In this blog post you will find a step by step on how to do that: Handling files provided in a Microsoft Forms response — Encodian

Hope this helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hey fchopo I've actually been trying to do this for a week now and am having some trouble. Do you have an article that might help singling out the link specifically? My Parse JSON isn't verifying the schema and I can't figure out why. 

DirectorWill
Regular Visitor

To close off this post I did not receive a solution and am still looking for one. Thank you for y'alls help regardless! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,730)