cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marek1
Level: Powered On

Approval - Outlook/OWA Actionable Message wont render when "Requestor" is filled

Hi,

I use "Start and wait for an approval (V2)" action. It is nice to have an actionable messages in Outlook/OWA and give a chance to approve/deny directly from email. Unfortunately actionable messages wont render when using "Item Link" or "Requestor" attributes in Approval action (end-user gets classic email with links to MS Flow approval center, tested in Outlook desktop, OWA):

actionable-message.png

When "Requestor" (resp. "Item Link") is blank, actionable message will render. Could you anybody help me what the problem is? 

Thanks.

Marek

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Approval - Outlook/OWA Actionable Message wont render when "Requestor" is filled

Hi @Marek1 ,

Do you mean that actionable part in an approval email won’t appear when you specify Item Link or Requestor?

I have made a test by inputting value in both the two fields, Link and Requestor to test this issue, however, the issue could not be reproduced.

The actionable message will appear on Outlook client and Outlook web without issues, not matter fields Item link and Requestor are filled with value or not.

2.PNG1.PNG

Generally, actionable part in approval email body will appear if you are using the latest Outlook client version.

Btw, which browser are you using? I am using Chrome.

Please take another try with it. If the issue still exists, please share a screenshot on the issue.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Marek1
Level: Powered On

Re: Approval - Outlook/OWA Actionable Message wont render when "Requestor" is filled

Hi @v-yamao-msft,

thanks for quick response. This is when Link to item/Requestor is not filled (works ok):

actionable-message-1.png

This is when "Link to Item" is filled (actionable message will not render):

actionable-message-2.png

Approval action configuration:

actionable-message-3.png

Both the same in OWA (latest Chrome)/Outlook desktop 1808 (Build 10730.20348). Thanks for help.

Regards,

Marek

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Marek1 ,

I have made more tests, however, the issue still could not be reproduced from my side. Both the two fields are filled with value, the actionable message works normally.

Could you provide an URL of your flow?

I will help invite more resources into this issue.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,577)