cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AMH08
Advocate I
Advocate I

Approval Process Requested By

We have a centralized flow account to manage some business Flows. 

I find myself tinkering with an approval flow. The approval is working. However, the approval always says it is being requested by the account the flow lives on. Is there a way to configure that to be someone else without the flow living on that someone else's account? 

What I would like to do is have the requested by be whoever was entered in a person field within the sharepoint list item that was triggered by the flow. 

The only options I see for the approval is:

Title, Assigned To, Details, Item Link, Item Link Description. 

26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

There's still an issue with using Dynamic Content in this field though. When other users are added as owners via the Share option, this fails because it attempts to send from everyone listed as owner on the flow. The failure notification is: "BadRequest. The request failed. Error code: 'InvalidApprovalRequestor'. Error Message: 'The approval requestor must be a single, valid user account within your organization.'."

To be sure, this is the case on my automatic cloud flow which initiates from a list. I don't know if this failure would also occur in an instant cloud flow where ownership over the flow isn't as collaborative/connected. 

MikelSBUX
Regular Visitor

Still broken - even 4 years later, all these scenarios are playing out.  

Has anyone discovered a workaround? 

worldwalker
Regular Visitor

I am not sure is there a solution to remove such requestor by flow owner information ?   is there any workaround solution? thanks lot

Eli_DFW

MS, please fix this, it is causing confusions with people that have to approve requests from requestors that are not the flow owners, this is basic common knowledge, should have not been hard coded to begin with, makes no sense!!!

Eli

kbf123

I guess there’s still no update/work around on this one?

The only way is to create a new Office 365 account with permissions and licenses to the specific areas and use that for the flow owner. 

It is a real shame we can't change the Approvals email that is sent to hide the "Requested by" field.

Eli_DFW

It is ashamed we can’t hide the account owner. I have created a workflow that I had to ditch because my team were getting confused with the request coming from me.  This shortcoming has turned me away from using power automate.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,493)