cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GCGJH
Frequent Visitor

Approval Reminder Interruption

Hi, I'm using a flow so the end user can have the option of setting reminders for the approver. The problem is if the end user sets it for once a week, the flow will pause for a week before checking if the approvalDone is true, even if the approver made a decision that hour.  This is slowing down our momentum. So I'm asking if anyone has an idea on how to allow the user to set when the reminder email goes out but checks every hour or minute if the approval is done?

PA Reminder Help.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-liwei-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @GCGJH ,

You can create a parallel branch to meet your requirements.
1. The first branch in parallel is used to judge whether the audit is completed. If the audit is completed, the flow is ended.
2. Another branch in parallel is used to send a reminder email after a period of time when it is not approved.

I have made a test for your reference:

vliweimsft_0-1652261768195.png

Beat Regards,

Levi

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-liwei-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @GCGJH ,

You can create a parallel branch to meet your requirements.
1. The first branch in parallel is used to judge whether the audit is completed. If the audit is completed, the flow is ended.
2. Another branch in parallel is used to send a reminder email after a period of time when it is not approved.

I have made a test for your reference:

vliweimsft_0-1652261768195.png

Beat Regards,

Levi

GCGJH
Frequent Visitor

The problem with this is the flow has to keep going after the reminder is complete. This won't interrupt the reminder or "Do Until" process and if someone sets the reminder to once a week, the flow will be paused for a week.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (4,318)