cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
McNanard
Regular Visitor

Approval Request requiring the filling of a field to be valid

Hi all, 

I want to create a flow that when a new item in a SharePoint list is added (task list), sends an Approval Request to the Manager. So far, so good. If the manager wishes to accept this task request, I want him to assign it to someone on his team. That means he must fill in a person field. And without this field filled in, his response to the approval request cannot be validated.

The e-mail of the request for approval proposes to enter a comment when one of the offered options has been chosen, but this field is optional and it's a multi-line text field. 

Do you know how to customize it? Or do you know another way to do this flow?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @McNanard ,

Please refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

1.png2.png

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @McNanard ,

Please refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

1.png2.png

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Alice, 

Thank you for the feedback.

Your proposal allow the manager to reasign the approval to another person thanks to the comment area but there is no warning to explain that you have to fill in this field and only with an email address. Finally, I used email with option to be able to customize the email core & then I added loops to make sure the right field in the list is filled in before moving on.

However, I have a question about the "run until" action, is it possible to test the condition before performing the loop actions? Or is it necessary to associate it with a "if" to execute or not this loop?

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (4,231)