cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approval Workflow - GraphUserDetailByEmailMultipleFound'. Error Message: 'Found multiple matching users

Hello 

I have a basic approval workflow , getting the Approver's UPN and then triggering email for approval . But the flow errors out with the message -  GraphUserDetailByEmailMultipleFound'. Error Message: 'Found multiple matching users 

I cannot fix the Active Directory issues . Is there a workaround to fix this ? Thank you !

Flow error.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry for I couldn't offer any workaround for this issue.

I suggest that you could contact Microsoft flow for this issue and they may have the workaround.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

The error message told that the flow found multiple matching users, please enter the email address separated by a semicolon to see if the issue still exists.

1.png

Best Regards,

Alice

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Alice

Thanks for responding back. Here are the screnshots - 

1. the entire approval branch

Capture1.PNG

the expaned one with UPN , where the approver is determined (one person) to approve the request per candidate . The hardcoded email addess would need to be checked up . Shall come back on that in a while 

Capture2.PNG

Hi @Anonymous ,

Take a try with screenshot below:

1.png

Best Regards,

Alice

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks Alice , tried to use "Mail " in Assigned To and re-submitted the errored one .No luck . Still getting the same error message 

BadRequest. The request failed. Error code: 'GraphUserDetailByEmailMultipleFound'. Error Message: 'Found multiple matching users ('82673d8b-1e8c-4fb0-920b-4869817032c5, 62bbd149-c53b-433c-b01c-1ac6a3c782bd') for abcdef@email.com

Is there a way to get one ID , and I am assuming it is the AAD sync issue , Kindly let know 

regards

Shan

Hi @Anonymous ,

I have made a test on my side and many users has the same issue as yours:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/GraphUserDetailByEmailMultipleFound-Error-Message-Found-multiple/td-p/117453

Please make sure the email address has the unique GUIDs.

Best regards,

Alice       

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks Alice ,I tried the workaround mentioned before posting .. but no luck , Is there a way , may be a dynamic formula workaround that can select the unique GUIDs for the workflow to work and is this issue because of the AAD sync issue ?

Is there any workaround that can get around this ? Thank you once again 

regards

Shan

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry for I couldn't offer any workaround for this issue.

I suggest that you could contact Microsoft flow for this issue and they may have the workaround.

Best regards,

Alice       

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-alzhan-msft 

Thank You  Alice ! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,875)