cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mbodero94
Frequent Visitor

Approval Workflow - issue attaching more than one document when these are added in a file

Hi,

I am having trouble to set a workflow approval. When a file is added to a folder (submitted invoices) an approval process must start. I want all the files that are added to this folder to be attached in the email, but I don't know how to set it because I am finding an error message in the "append to array variable" when I'm testing it. Could someone help me, please? I am going crazy.

I am not sure If the information I am entering is correct.

Many thanks

mbodero94_0-1657490614920.png

11 REPLIES 11
MarconettiMarco
Super User
Super User

Hello @mbodero94 ,

please follow these steps:

MarconettiMarco_1-1657529370194.png

When you add the "Append to array variable", please use the following expression for the Content:

body('Get_file_content').$content

Then, in the "Start and wait for an approval" action, click on this button, so that you only have to insert the Attachments variable instead of the 2 variables "Attachment Name" and "Attachment Content":

MarconettiMarco_2-1657529556720.png

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

BR,

Marco

mbodero94
Frequent Visitor

Hi @MarconettiMarco ,

Now it works!!

Thank you so much for your help:)

Do you know if there is an option to be able to preview the attachments when sending it to Outlook? I can preview everything but the documents I sent through the Approval Workflow. Is it for a reason?

mbodero94
Frequent Visitor

@MarconettiMarco 

This is how the docs look like when the workflow works: 

mbodero94_0-1657577298725.png

Is there a way that I can see it in the correct format?

Dear @mbodero94 ,

are you able to see this option in Outlook within the Approval email?

MarconettiMarco_0-1657604771141.png

BR,

Marco

Dear @mbodero94 ,

which are the docs formats?

BR,

Marco

mbodero94
Frequent Visitor

Hi @MarconettiMarco,

Yep I am able to see those options. But when I click in preview the below message appears:

mbodero94_0-1657606675809.png

I wonder if it is because I need to click something when I am creating the workflow?

My formats are PDF and excel 

Dear @mbodero94 ,

please follow the instructions in this article:

https://thegeekpage.com/outlook-this-file-cannot-be-previewed/

BR,

Marco

mbodero94
Frequent Visitor

Hi @MarconettiMarco ,

Thanks for your amazing help. I have another question. I am trying to add another step to send a message in the teams chats similar to the below: 

mbodero94_0-1657694203448.png

However, one I am adding the "created by Display Name" and "Link to item", another "Apply to each" steps appear and I don't know how I have to do it. Do you have any idea how I should set this step? 

Many thanks in advance

mbodero94_1-1657694313050.png

Hello @mbodero94 ,

I think you can easily initialize another Array variable, put inside your values, then Append to Array variable for each file that has been created, and finally add this variable in the email body.

BR,

Marco

mbodero94
Frequent Visitor

Hi @MarconettiMarco ,

Would the below be correct? 

mbodero94_0-1657750428800.png

mbodero94
Frequent Visitor

hI @MAR ,

I am facing now other issues. When I test the flow, instead of sending 1 email with the 5 attachments, it sends 5 emails (with the different file names on each email) but attaching all the files in each email. Why does that happen? Should I change in the append to array variable "Name" for an expression, so it list all the names of the files in the same email? Or how can I do it?

Also, If I add another step for "send email", would then the format of the file be the one I attach instead of being that weird format I shown you before?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (2,668)