cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Approval and Condition Flow doesn't work

Hi there,

I am building a flows from template: Start approval when a new item is added, but also added in sequential flow. However, the second approval never succeeded when I was doing test run.

It is "Start an approval" at the first approval stage, like how the template was.

At the second approval stage, I was using "Start and wait for an approval" and only need one of my director to approve so I chose "First one to respond".

Approval_Flow_fail.PNG

At the condition stage: I have tried both "responses" and "outcome" is equal to "approve" but both are not working.

Approval_Flow_fail3.PNG

This is the test run page. 

The condition stage was skipped. But the second approver actually did receive notification in email. But the flow run still fail to proceed to next step.

Approval_Flow_fail2.PNG

May I know which part went wrong? 

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi!

I would temporarily remove 'Terminate 2' from your current flow design and retry with 'Outcome'.

It seems you have a paralel brach ending in this 'Terminate 2' that is executed faster than the first branch (the one with the condition), so this 'Terminate 2' stops the whole flow execution

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @LHI_0831 

That action running in Parallel does not seem right, you would need to include that part on the right side which is running in parallel inside of the condition, otherwise it would be executed with your manager replying Approve or Reject because there is no condition prior that.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,237)