cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsparks
Helper V
Helper V

Approval email not sending to all parties

I'm having issues trying to get an approval email through to an approver. From what I understand they have a shell company email setup (support@company.com) that forwards the emails to a gmail account that they have set up with sort of a ticketing system. 

They can receive emails sent from flow that are sent from a shared mailbox, but it seems the approval emails from maccount@microsoft.com either aren't reaching them, or are unforwardable to the gmail account they're using. 

Are approval emails able to be forwarded and processed by email accounts outside of the organization?

4 REPLIES 4
manuelstgomes
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @rsparks 

It's not possible to send approval emails to outside the organization.

There's already an Idea posted to allow for this but, for now, only inside the organization.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/Ability-to-send-approvals-outside-organizat...

I hope this helps you.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

@manuelstgomes Is there a workaround for this?

Is there a way for me to send a hyperlink to the approval to the outside user? Their browser will already be logged in with their org account, so clicking the link should open properly. 

Can this be done through a flow?

Hi @rsparks 

Don't think so, sorry. I checked the Approval output, and no link is returned. 

Its unfortunate I know, but hopefully Microsoft will address this soon.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

rmanthey
Resolver I
Resolver I

I was running into the same issue.  I absolutely needed approvals from outside my organization but currently that is not an option.  However it doesn't have to be a strict approval flow.  

There is an option to Send Email with Options.  You choose the options and then you can send that email to anyone and they will be able to approve / or select whatever options you provide.  

I run three parallel approvals as i don't need them approved in any certain order. But this serves my needs perfectly ..Send Email with Options.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,991)