Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DataFailure
Advocate I
Advocate I

Approval emails not timing out

Hi,

A couple of years ago with approvals when the 30 days had elapsed, any unactioned emails would have a message like the current 'others have already completed this request' - something along the lines of 'this request has timed out'. This no longer happens and hasn't for well over a year (maybe longer?).  Now any requests that have not been actioned within the 30 days can still be 'actioned' but because of the time out (both mine and the inbuilt one from Microsoft) the responses are not recorded.    

My approvals now have a time out in settings of 29 days, and when they time out a SharePoint list is updated accordingly. Some of these flows end with a terminate connector and others don't. In either case the approval emails still appear to be live long after the flow behind them has timed out.

Is there any way to get the old automated time out message on the emails back?    

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes. If you can not auto cancel using data verse then you will have to manually reject approval card OR go to dataverse tables and manually do it

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

You will have to capture the timeout and then remove the unacted cards by calling common data service. They aren't auto cancelled. Refer following blog post that I wrote earlier...

https://lazermonkey.wordpress.com/2020/10/09/power-automate-cancel-approval-cards/

Power Automate Community

Thank you for the response, but this method won't work for me as I don't have the premium connectors. 

Looks like I will need to manually change the status of each approval as need in the Approval table in power apps, unless there is another method out there.   

Yes. If you can not auto cancel using data verse then you will have to manually reject approval card OR go to dataverse tables and manually do it

Power Automate Community

View solution in original post

Gristy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

These days i now split my approvals into a create action and a wait action. 

If the wait action times-out - i store the "LastApprovalID" in SharePoint i then restart the flow and if LastApprovalID is not null - i then continue waiting. This way the business does not need to worry about the flow timing out, as effectively it never dodes, it just restarts over and over.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,041)