Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MD_0816
Level: Powered On

Approval flow + A unique user profiles that copies file to another site

Need help.....trying to build the following flow 

1. When a flow is manually triggered...
  2. The approval process begins for the approval of a file
  3. Once the file is approved a second approval kicks off....To a different person to (approve the moving of the file).  The approve email goes through.  it's the next step that fails

Capture1.JPGSteps -1 -3

For step 4, I want the flow to "Get a user profile" and copy the file from one library to another.  This is where I the flow fails.

Capture 3.JPGStep 4

Some things to note and things I tried: 

The flow was successful without the second approval, when I triggered the flow.  

Reason being because I have contribute access to both libraries.  The approval library and the final library.  

However, when someone else triggers the flow (who only has contribute access to the approval library but only has READ access to the final library)...the flow fail 

Hence the reason why I made a second approval process and I need the flow to pick up my credential to be able to have the right permission to copy the file.  

Can flow do that with "Get user profile"? 

To identify which user profile I wanted, in the approval library I added a people picker column and entered my name.  Then in the "Get user profile" I added, my PG columnas a claim, but I have tried, email and or display name as other options. 

Capture4.JPGpeople picker column option

and this is what I get in return 

Capture2.JPGFlow error

Should this work, or is there another way?  

Thank you in advance for your help,  

Manny 

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Approval flow + A unique user profiles that copies file to another site

Hi @MD_0816 ,

In the action Get user profile, a user principle name or email id is required. Instead of using the dynamic content PG Claims, please use the dynamic content PG Email.

Besides, if the user only has Read permission to the final library, I am afraid that it might be not possible for the user to copy the file from the approval library to the final library.

I have made the following flow for testing, which is working fine.

1.PNG2.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
MD_0816
Level: Powered On

Re: Approval flow + A unique user profiles that copies file to another site

Hi Mabel, 

Thank you for your input.  You are correct, it works as you designed, however, my issue is permissions.  I don't want to give them contribute permission to the final library.  So my workaround has been to just notify myself when approval has been made to them copy over the file myself.  It's tedious but for now, it's working.  

Thank you again, 

Manny 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 377 members 6,102 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: