cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Baselord

Approval flow - Approver problem

Hello,

I am building an approval flow that should send a selected document in a SharePoint library for approval.

The approver is not always the same person. I have a column (Person or Group column) in the SharePoint library where the approver user is populated for all documents.

I cannot find a way to use the value in that column as the approver in the flow? Can anyone suggest how I make use of that information in my flow.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Approval flow - Approver problem

The person or group column has an email address associated with it.  If you use that email from the dynamic content you can address the approval of that document to that person. There are a couple tricks to getting the selected files properties.  Here's a screenshot that shows how.

screenshot.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

The person or group column has an email address associated with it.  If you use that email from the dynamic content you can address the approval of that document to that person. There are a couple tricks to getting the selected files properties.  Here's a screenshot that shows how.

screenshot.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Baselord

Thank you! This will help me a lot!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Users online (9,203)