cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
siddharth_flowl
Frequent Visitor

Approval flow : SharePoint folders

Help needed : I am new to Power Automate and am struggling with creating an approval flow based on a trigger in Sharepoint folder structure

Situation :
I need to invoke a an approval action based on the trigger- "When a file is created (properties only)".

Current state:
1) I am currently using a trigger condition if the file name has current month in MMM format and
2) If the file name contains Approved in the file name

siddharth_flowl_0-1634572475959.png

Complication:
The SharePoint library of the client has multiple folder structure by country ( For. eg: Austria, Hungary, India... etc). There are 23 countries in total and in each of these country sub folders i need to check for a new file
In such a scenario How do i check the same across multiple country folders in Power Automate .

Will the flow ignore other files created if it has encountered the file at least once(while the flow is running) ?

1 REPLY 1
MarvinBangert
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hey @siddharth_flowl 

I hope I understand you question correctly, otherwise please try to describe it a bit different.

First you can also change the condition into a trigger condition too, it should be something like:

@contains(triggerOutputs()?['body/{Name}'],'Approved')

Using the trigger conditions, your flow will ignore other elements and will only start, when there is a new item created matching your trigger conditions, doesn't matter in which folder or subfolder.

I am not sure what you mean with your last question "Will the flow ignore other files created if it has encountered the file at least once (while the flow is running)?". Can you maybe explain it again, if I did not answered it yet?

Hope this will help you!

Best regards
Marvin

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. If it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,942)